Children & Young Persons
NCM Children & Young People Team
Our dedicated team of children and young people case managers have a wide a range of experience. A multi-professional team, including an occupational therapist who together have a background of working in brain & spinal cord injury rehabilitation services within residential, hospital and community settings. Their roles encompass the care, rehabilitation and management of children with complex health needs, through to young people with challenging behaviour.
NCM has a specialist occupational therapist within the children and young people team who is able to advise on property adaptations, assess and network equipment and design specific occupational therapy programmes.
In addition to the above NCM case managers have a wealth of experience within the realm of case management for children and young people and provide child specific services such as:
- Work in conjunction with schools
- Contribute to special educational needs statements
- Contribute to school transition reports
- Contribute to the school reviews
Care & Support
- Advocate for the child and their family
- Help families in the process of recruitment and management of support staff
- Provide training tailored to the child’s specific needs
- Support the family in ensuring they are in receipt of appropriate benefit entitlement
- Introducing parents to the available support groups
The case manager will liaise with statutory service therapists and acquire funding for additional independent paediatric based professional intervention as required. These may include:
- Speech and language specialist
- Specialist school teacher
Along with education and therapeutic intervention, NCM’s philosophy is to encourage participation in a range of leisure activities for enjoyment and enrichment. Including:
- Horse riding, swimming
- Climbing, abseiling, canoeing
- Dancing, drama, youth clubs
- Holiday accommodation and transport
Contact one of our team today on 0161 763 4734 for some friendly and professional advice. Whatever your situation, we promise we will do our best to help.