NCM prides itself on being a fair, inclusive and disability confident employer.
We continually recruit for internal staff but also provide a recruitment service to our clients that wish to directly employ their own teams. Working collaboratively with the clients to ensure they are fully engaged in the recruitment process to identify staff that can assist them to maximise their independence in their daily activities of living.
What you’ll be working
We can be flexible but you will work a total 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
What you’ll be doing
- Advocating for the Client’s needs while building strong working relationships with families, deputies and litigation solicitors
- Produce action plans and SMART goals with timeframes that are specific and relevant to the client
- Recruit, select and manage a team of care/support workers for Clients
- Implement an individual client focused Support & Rehabilitation Plan with specific guidelines for the support team
- Monitor and review the Case Management Plan and Support & Rehabilitation Plan, amending as per the Client’s needs
- Compile and manage MDT team of required professionals to deliver the rehabilitation plan
- Compile risk assessments on key activities as required and identify risk management strategies that will manage the safety of all parties in a positive manner
- Completing file notes of all contacts daily into the NCM network
What you’ll have
- Experience working as a Case Manager
- Hold a UK professional health qualification which requires you to be HCPC, NMC or Social Worker Registered
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car
- Experience supporting people with neurological conditions in a community setting
- Thorough knowledge of the CQC fundamental standards and key lines of enquiry
- Full working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA), Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and Safeguarding frameworks
- Ability to address and respond to employee issues in a fair and consistent manner
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills
- Flexible, professional and positive approach to multi-site working
What is case management?
Case Management is a collaborative multi-disciplinary process which: assesses, plans, implements, co-ordinates, monitors and evaluates the options and services required to meet an individual’s health, social care, educational and employment needs. To enable the individual to meet their rehabilitation goals, returning them as close as possible to their life before their accident.
What is a case manager?
Case managers are healthcare professionals including Registered Nurses, Social Workers, Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists.
The primary role of the Case Manager is to work alongside the Client to identify areas of need and agree with the Client on an action plan to meet their rehabilitation goals and bring about an improvement in their quality of life. The Case Manager will work with the Client to set SMART goals – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound, ensuring that intervention is Client focused.. In partnership with the Client, the case manager will identify appropriate therapists and professionals to work with the Client to meet, and hopefully exceed the Client’s rehabilitation goals. Our work includes facilitating the client’s and family’s adjustment to the injuries; recruiting, training and supporting support workers; and managing care regimes.
For more information on what a case manager role entails and to see some case management case studies please watch these short 2-minute videos –
What is a Case Manager?
Case Management Case Studies
What to look forward to
- 25 days plus bank holidays plus bonus loyalty days
- Birthday off
- Case Manager Bonus Scheme
- Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
- Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
- Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
- A Nest Personal Pension account
- Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
- We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
- Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
- Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
- ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Northern Case Management and the Active Care Group